Saturday, March 21, 2015

Lights Academy: Learning With My Students

I don't know why this did not occur to me earlier, but after Spring Break my Lights Academy students will embark on their last major project of the school year. For this project, I am going to create a project along side my students, complete with a driving question, auxiliary questions, an entry event, creating something of value for an authentic audience, and other criteria. My students will help me with my checkpoints and holding me accountable, just as I coach them with their projects. I hope we more fully learn together through this process.

Along the way, I intend to blog about the steps I take to complete this project so that this is a transparent activity that from you which you, my readers, may hopefully learn.

EVERYONE in education needs to be a learner. While I consider myself to be just that, it is my hope that an additional level of transparency might be inspiring for my students and colleagues. Watch for updates on my project after April 1st.

3 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to following your progress. My students are also beginning a project after break. You have been an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! "Everyone in education needs to be a learner." So true! I have found working on a project tandem to my students has made me more empathetic to struggles and more joyful in successes! I wish you the best on this particular project journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will be reporting on my own progress along side the progress of my students in this blog. Hopefully this will be good learning for all of us!

      Delete