Friday, August 01, 2014

Student Job Invention

I re-read this article two days ago -- a pointed article about the changing nature of the work place and how creative students can find their future work by inventing their job -- strategically finding niches for identifying problems and solving them. I shared this article with my colleagues at Lutheran High School. We have been having a discussion about how to make our Teacher Assistant (TA) program more valuable and vibrant. To that end, one of my colleagues read the article and then shared this thought:

Can we give TAs the task of inventing their jobs?  "Identify a problem or inefficiency in my classroom or in this school and find a creative way to solve it." 

Brilliant! I love when collaboration turns into ideas that benefit students and add to their learning experience. We will see where this leads, but I love the way this educational teammate is thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment