Here are the reasons why it is a priority for me to complete a project with my students before the end of the school year:
- To learn something new about something I enjoy -- baseball and its history!
- To allow my students to clearly see the joy of learning through my experience with learning and inquiry
- To better understand the challenges, joys, and frustrations my students experience as they complete learning activities of their creation
- To allow my students to actively see me as a co-learner -- one who has the same learning goals and expectations as my students even though I am in a different phase of life
- To provide an opportunity for my students to hold me accountable with my work and perhaps better comprehend the strategies used for accountability within Lights Academy
- To model life-long learning for my students and provide them with a visible reminder of the importance of continuing to "re-invent" oneself professionally when living and working in this fast-changing digital society.