We work to get our students off campus and into businesses and other organizations whenever possible to view life and work in person. It was an enjoyable and informative afternoon for students, all made possible through the generosity of the folks from Republic.
Republic operates in the process. After Mr. Possehl set the tone for the afternoon, various other members of the Republic staff shared elements of the business, challenging students to think like a member of their decision-making team in analyzing the benefits of typical opportunities for the company.
Here is some of the wisdom and advice shared by the staff at Republic:
- Effectively communicated shared values are important to guide all aspects of a company's work.
- The key of marketing is word of mouth and happy customers.
- Partnerships and joint venture opportunities might facilitate a greater impact for your company. Be on the lookout for the right opportunities.
- A lot of times we think of being entrepreneurial as going out on one's own and taking a personal risk to form their own company. However, one can still work within a company and be entrepreneurial. There are many ways to do this within the right corporation.
- An effective employee not only has the proper skill set but also fits the culture of the company.